As an essential service provider, we will continue to provide Veterinary care to your pet in order to prevent discomfort and suffering. Routine procedures will be delayed.
We are, as required, minimising contact with clients and between staff members. No clients will be able to enter our building. For your safety, and for the safety of our staff:
- Ring us for all appointments and queries before coming in.
- Stay in your car and phone the clinic when you arrive.
- Animals will be left clipped to our lead, or in a cage in front of the clinic, and one of us will collect them.
- The Vet will conduct the consultation, and communicate with you over the phone.
- We will ring you to arrange payment over the phone by debit or credit card. If alternative payment methods are required, please arrange with us prior to the consultation
- Once the process is complete, we will bring your pet back to the front door with medication, receipt etc for you to collect, thus avoiding contact between clients and all clinic staff.
- We will be utilising telephone consultations as appropriate in some circumstances. Normal consultation fees will apply.
- For food and parasite control, you can order directly from our shop on this website. Alternatively, and for medication, contact us as we are able to courier these to you, or organise a contactless pickup.
As per Government regulations, operations are much the same as those listed under Level 4, with contactless consultations, sales and payments.
- The large majority of our workload in Level 3 will remain as emergency and urgent care cases.
- There may be capacity to do some non-urgent procedures, depending on our overall workload, and these will be prioritised based on urgency.
- If your animal requires a non-urgent surgery, procedure, or is due an annual vaccination, we ask that you email or phone us to discuss this, and be added to our waiting list. We will be working through this as quickly as we can.
We will be able to offer our comprehensive service, as we will work with normal staffing.
- The clinic will be open, and clients will be able to bring their animals into the waiting room.
- As much as possible, please continue to call us for appointments, medication requests and queries, rather than just popping in. Food and parasite control treatments will be able to be purchased over the counter again.
- Please keep your distance from our staff and other clients while in the waiting room and consult rooms. If the waiting room is busy, please wait outside, or call us from your car.
- We will be allowing 1 adult client in the consult room with your pet and the Vet.
- We will continue a heightened level of alertness, reduced close contact, and regular disinfecting of all areas, particularly high-touch areas like door handles, reception desk and EFTPOS machine.
From you, the client’s point of view, this will look pretty much business as usual.
- All our normal services will be provided.
- Clients will have normal access to the waiting room and consult rooms.
- For us, it still involves a heightened level of alertness, with reduced close contact, and more in depth disinfecting of all areas.
For more in depth information, and the full Mill Road Veterinary Clinic COVID-19 practice protocol and procedures document, please contact us on 09/4371101